We've all heard it a million times - spring time is the selling season ... 🏠 🏠
But is it? Here are 10 reasons that may have you changing your mind and considering selling before the new year. #7 is my favorite 😊
❄️ Why NOW is the Best Time to Sell Your House ❄️
1. There are motivated buyers in the market who must buy for tax reasons.
2. During the Holiday Season there are typically fewer homes on the market. Less supply means less competition. Less competition means more money in your pocket.
3. Many people have time off during the Holidays, which increases their availability to see homes. Buyers who buy during the Holiday Season tend to be serious buyers.
4. Buying is an emotional purchase and emotions tend to run high during the Holiday season. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off the buyers emotion is in your favor ... they tend to offer a higher price when emotions are involved.
5. The Holiday season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the Holidays more than other times of the year.
6. The interest rates stay historically low, which allows a buyer to afford more in the market. When rates are low, buyers tend to present higher purchase offers.
7. Many sellers will wait and list after the 1st of the year, which causes a lot of new inventory in January. The longer you wait the more competition you create for yourself. You can expect a flood of new inventory in the 1st quarter of 2020. As supply increases, your likelihood of getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
8. Since most people do not want to move during the Holidays, you can secure a selling contract now while your opportunity is high, and arrange for a delayed close or rent back with the buyers.
9. Companies typically bring new talent in starting at the beginning of the year. These new hires are looking at property now. You must be on the market to take advantage of these buyers.
10. Selling now can give you more buying power later. By selling your home now, you can buy in January when the market becomes saturated with listings as a non - contingent buyer - you have negotiating power. And that's what you want, right?
Click here to find the value of your home or contact me directly at 480-387-4722.